Man is Almost Hit on a Highway – level 1
This news is from China. A man is on a highway. He wants to cross it. This is dangerous.
Two cars come. They might hit each other. They try to avoid an accident, but they hit each other. They hit only inches from the man. The man is really lucky. He jumps away, and the cars don’t hit him. He is fine.
Difficult words: cross (get on the other side), might (can), avoid (when don’t want something to happen and you try to stop it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the article?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos