Man is hit by a train – level 1
This news is from Poland. A man is riding a bike. He approaches a level crossing. He ignores the red light. He does not stop.
A train hits the man. He flies backwards. He falls on the ground.
A driver sees this. He comes to the man. The man is lucky. He is OK.
Difficult words: approach (to get closer and closer to), level crossing (a place where a road and a railway cross – touch), ignore (to not pay attention to something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the train hitting this man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.