Man is rescued twice – level 1
There is a flood in Alabama, USA. One man needs help. Half of his body is in the water. He holds on to a tree. Water goes fast around him.
A policeman gets in the water. He saves the man.
Later, the man gets trapped again. He needs help. Again police save the man
Police say that he put his life in danger. He put the lives of other people in danger, too.
Difficult words: flood (big water), trapped (be somewhere where it is not safe and not be able to leave), danger (situation that is not safe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have floods in your city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos