Man is rescued twice – level 2
There was a flood in Alabama, USA. Police rescued a man two times.
A video shows this man. He is waist-deep in water and he holds on to a tree. A police officer wades into the water and saves the man.
But that isn’t the last time the police see the man. He gets trapped again and police have to save him again. They say that he put his life in danger, as well as the lives of the people who saved him.
Difficult words: flood (big water), waist-deep (to be in water to your waist), wade (to walk through water), be trapped (be somewhere dangerous and not able to leave the place).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have floods in your city?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.