Man killed in Arkansas – level 1
In 1992, a man kills his neighbour. He becomes a prisoner. This happens in Arkansas.
Now, the state of Arkansas kills the prisoner after a very long time.
The governor has a message to the media. He says that it is a sad night for Arkansas. It is not easy for him. It is one of the most sad things in his job. In the end it is the right thing. It is justice for the neighbour’s family. That is very important.
Difficult words: prisoner (a person that does a very bad thing and must go to a prison / jail afterward), governor (a head of the state in the U.S.), justice (to be fair to someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.