Man Moves Again – level 2
Eight years ago, a man was paralysed below his shoulders in a cycling accident. Now, thanks to new technology, he can move his right arm and hand again.
There are electrodes in his head that record the activity of his brain. They generate signals which tell another device to stimulate the muscles in his arm.
The 56-year-old is the first person with quadriplegia to move again.
Difficult words: electrode (a thing which can conduct/let electricity go through), device (an electronic thing), quadriplegia (when you cannot move your arms or your legs).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.