Man on a boat – level 3
This footage shows the moment a Moroccan stowaway tried to sneak his way into Spain by hiding in the turbine of a ferry engine.
On Wednesday, Spanish police intercepted the man who was trying to make his way into the country illegally.
The video shows the 20-year-old man dressed in a wetsuit, draped over the turbine, holding a bag with his belongings.
Police said the ferry had left Tangier and the man was arrested around 11 am.
Difficult words: stowaway (somebody who hides on a vehicle), intercept (to stop somebody on a way), draped (situated).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos