Man Saves a Dog in Peru – level 1
In Peru, storms are happening. The storms are affecting people and animals.
Somehow, a dog is in the middle of a river. The water in the river is very high and muddy. The dog tries to get out. He swims to a bridge. He cannot climb the bridge. The water tosses him about. People cannot reach him to help him.
The dog finally swims to the river’s side. A man comes to the dog and pulls him out.
Rescue workers come. They take the dog to a safe place. People name him after the river. They could also name him Lucky!
Difficult words: affect (to make something change), toss about (to throw), reach (to touch or pick something up).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you save the dog?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.