Man Steals a Car – level 3
Police in Ontario, Canada, are searching for a male suspect involved in a vehicle theft that nearly killed a car salesman.
Two individuals arrived to ask about a black BMW M4; however, it soon turned out that they weren´t really there to buy it, after one put the car into gear and started driving off. The dealership employee jumped onto the hood of the vehicle, as the suspect drove out of the lot, holding on even as the vehicle hit the main road at speed. As the car accelerated along the busy road, the salesman was flung to the ground and he was nearly hit by an oncoming car.
The salesman was taken to hospital and reportedly, he suffered lacerations to his feet after his shoes and socks came off during the fall.
The London Police Service is looking for the suspect´s accomplice driving a silver Audi and asking drivers for dashcam footage of the incident.
Difficult words: gear (a system of wheels that change the driving mechanism according to the speed), laceration (a deep cut on the skin), accomplice (a person who helps another commit a crime), dashcam (a video camera that is used to record the view of the road through the windscreen or windshield; a combination of the words ‘dashboard’ and ‘camera’).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.