Man with a knife in Manchester – level 2
A security camera in Manchester filmed a man who wielded a big knife. The man had trouble standing up, but he interacted with the terrified people around him.
Armed police officers arrived at the scene within a couple of minutes and took the man to the ground. They arrested the 55-year-old man and now they question him.
Difficult words: wield (hold a weapon out to prepare to use it), interact (communicate or make people react), armed (carrying a weapon).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the man? Why did he do this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos