Man with Ebola tries to run away – level 2
People recorded the first outbreak of Ebola in March. Since then, more than 1,550 people died from the virus. The situation is the worst in Liberia.
One patient escaped from a Liberian quarantine centre. He went through a local market. He looked for food. After people saw him, they ran away. Healthcare workers eventually caught the man and took him back to hospital.
Care at the Ebola centre is not good. Last month, it was so crowded people had to be turned away with Ebola!
Difficult words: outbreak (beginning), quarantine (isolation), eventually (in the end).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos