Man with no legs on a mountain – level 1
A boy from China falls from a train. He loses his legs. That boy is a man now. He is 31 years old.
He has no legs, but he enjoys life to the max. He climbs up a mountain. He uses two boxes. He puts them under his body. Some people watch him. They tell him that he can do it. His wife is on top of the mountain. She waits for him there.
Difficult words: enjoy (to like something a lot), to the max (to 100%), climb (to come up).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Inspiring, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos