Many Sides to Winston Churchill – level 1
In World War II, Winston Churchill is a leader of the UK. Now many people remember his role in the war against the Nazis.
However, other people remember how he did not help the Indian people. India is a part of the British Empire in the 1930s. Then Indian people do not have food. Many people die.
Some people say that Churchill does not think good about Indians, people who work or women. However, many people think that he is a good leader because now many of live in free countries.
Difficult words: British Empire (when the UK was the leader of many countries all over the world), leader (the boss of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos