Map of Milky Way – level 2
The European Space Agency launched its Gaia satellite three years ago. It has a one-billion-pixel camera which takes pictures of our galaxy, the Milky Way.
The camera is making the most detailed 3D map of the galaxy. The information will help answer questions about our galaxy and its future.
We will not get to see the full map with 1 billion stars until the end of 2017, but we have details about two million stars. From this, the ESA made a video. The video goes from our solar system through the Milky Way until 150 light years away.
Difficult words: launch (send up into the air or into space), Gaia (the ancient Greek word for “Earth”), ESA (the European Space Agency).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos