Marijuana in the USA – level 1
This news is about marijuana. You can buy it legally in two states in the USA. You can also buy sweets that have marijuana inside them.
This is a growing business. The governments control and tax it. People spend 400 million dollars in a year on marijuana. This is good for the economy.
Some people say that marijuana should not be legal. They are against it.
Difficult words: marijuana (a type of drug from a plant), legally (you can do something according to a law), tax (when you must pay money to a government for something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you smoke marijuana?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.