Marilyn Monroe´s dress – level 2
Many years ago, actress Marilyn Monroe sang a Happy Birthday song to the president of the USA. It was a famous performance by one of Hollywood’s most famous women. Now, you can own the dress that Marilyn Monroe wore when she sang this song to JFK in 1962.
The dress is ready to go to auction in California. The dress represents many things: history, politics, a work of art, Hollywood, Marilyn Monroe, and the Kennedys.
There are 2,500 crystals on the dress. This is part of a larger sale of Monroe items. All of them represent Marilyn Monroe’s life and career: her paintings, her poetry, her writings, her personal wardrobe, her pots and pans, her recipe books, her toaster, her shoes, her handbags, her makeup, and, of course, all of her most important career gowns.
The auction is expected to make around five million dollars. The biggest part of that will undoubtedly come from the dress. The price of the dress is set between two and three million dollars.
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.