Marine Life in Danger – level 1
There is a study. It is about marine animals. In the world, there are fewer and fewer marine animals. There are 50% less marine animals in the world than in 1970.
This is not good news. The situation is getting worse fast. This is a problem for animals. This is a problem for people, too. Many people need the ocean. They need it to make money.
Why is this happening? The water is getting warmer. The climate is changing. Also, people fish too much.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this problem?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.