Marine Life in Danger – level 2
A study says that the population of marine species around the world declined by 49% between 1970 and 2012. The study shows that marine life is disappearing faster than scientists thought.
This is bad news for the animals, as well as people. Many people need the ocean to make a living.
The reason for this is rising water temperatures, over-fishing and climate change. Experts say that we could lose the coral reefs from most areas by 2050.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this problem?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.