Math Stops a Marriage – level 1
A girl lives in India. She wants to meet her potential husband. People show her his photo. She goes to meet him.
He is not the boy from the photo. She is suspicious. She asks him to do a math problem. It is 15 plus 6. He says the wrong answer. He says 17. She refuses to marry him.
Her family says that he tricked them. His family says that she should marry him. A friend says that the girl was a good student. She wants her husband to be a good student. Local police help the families.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you were this girl?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.