Medical Marijuana for Pets – level 1
A 12-year-old dog has arthritis. Doctors remove her toe. She is in pain. Her owner gives her cannabis. He puts it in her food. The owner says that his dog is happier. He says that she is in less pain.
Twenty-eight American states make cannabis legal. More Americans give it to their pets to help them. However, cannabis is still illegal in the USA. Veterinarians cannot tell owners to give it to their pets. Also, experts do not know if it is safe for pets.
Difficult words: arthritis (a disease which affects the joints – the parts of the body which join/connect two bones together), owner (a person who owns/has a pet), cannabis (marijuana), veterinarian (an animal doctor).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos