Medical Marijuana for Pets – level 2
A 12-year-old dog had arthritis and doctors amputated her toe. Now her owner treats the pain by adding cannabis to her food. The dog’s owner says that his dog seems happier, livelier and in less pain. If she is in pain, she does not ‘care as much’.
Twenty-eight American states have legalised the drug and as a result, more Americans use it to treat their pets’ conditions. Cannabis is still illegal according to federal law in the United States, which means that veterinarians cannot prescribe it. Also, scientists say that they cannot say if it is safe for pets.
Difficult words: arthritis (a disease which affects the joints – the parts of the body which join/connect two bones together), cannabis (marijuana), federal law (a law that covers a whole country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos