Meghan Markle’s podcast ends – level 3
Spotify has ended its podcast partnership with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The decision comes after the production of only one season of Markle’s Archetypes podcast and as Spotify undergoes restructuring in its podcast division, leading to lay-offs. The deal, signed in December 2020, aimed to amplify underrepresented voices. However, sources suggest that Spotify expected more content from the partnership. Despite the success of Archetypes, which became a top podcast and received a People’s Choice Award, Spotify and Archewell Audio, Harry and Markle’s audio production company, mutually agreed to part ways. The value of the podcasting deal was estimated to be around $20 million. The termination of the Spotify deal follows a similar decision made with Barack and Michelle Obama’s Higher Ground media company.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
How will the termination of the Spotify deal with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle affect their audio production company, Archewell Audio?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.