Men fall into chocolate – level 3
At a candy factory in Pennsylvania, US, two men fell into a partially filled chocolate tank while they were doing maintenance work.
The incident happened at the Mars Wrigley plant on Thursday at around 2 pm. The men worked for an outside contracting firm, and people weren’t sure how they fell into the tank. The chocolate in the tank was about waist-high, and the workers weren’t able to get out on their own.
Emergency responders couldn’t pull the workers straight out of the tank, so they freed the men by cutting a hole in the side of the tank. Both men were then taken to hospital to be evaluated. However, officials didn’t provide any detail on their conditions.
Authorities are investigating the incident, and they haven’t commented on it yet.
Difficult words: maintenance (the work to keep a building or machinery in a good state), outside contracting firm (a company that works for other people or organizations), evaluate (to judge the quality of something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.