Men sleep on bridge – level 2
On Monday morning, two men climbed up a bridge in Dartford, UK. They set up hammocks on the bridge, and they spent the night there.
The incident caused chaos on the bridge because authorities closed the bridge for two days. The lines of cars were nearly 10 kilometers long.
Later, police arrested the men who belonged to the climate activist group Just Stop Oil. They protested against the government’s plans to continue extraction of oil and gas. They said that the UK needed to use other energy sources.
More protests recently happened by the group in London. Last week, two young women threw tomato soup at a famous painting at the National Gallery. Another incident happened when a man sprayed orange paint over a luxury car showroom.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.