Men vs Women – level 1
Experts carry out a study. There are 122 people. They are in two groups. One group is for men. Another group is for women.
Experts give both groups a maths test. After the test, the people guess their results.
Men think that their results are better than they really are. Women are very good at guessing their results.
Difficult words: study noun (a situation when experts study something), carry out (to organise, to do), guess (when you do not know something, you can guess it – try to say something), result (an answer).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that this study is correct?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.