Men vs Women – level 3
A study carried out by Washington State University asked 122 men and women to take a maths test and then guess how well they had done. The guinea pig men and women were then told their scores and asked to take another test.
After the second test, there was no information offered about how they had done, but they were asked to guess their results instead. It turned out that men consistently thought they had done better than they actually had. The women’s estimations, on the other hand, were right on the money.
Although the sample was quite small, researchers say that gender gaps in areas like science, engineering, and maths may be the result of men thinking too highly of their performance. The report also shows the potential need for positive illusions.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you think that this study is correct?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.