Messi’s Statue – level 1
There is a statue of Lionel Messi in Buenos Aires. It is new. People install it last June. Last week, vandals cut off the head and the body. Only the football and legs are left.
This is the second damaged statue on this street. Gabriela Sabatini is a tennis player. Her statue is damaged, too.
Difficult words: install (put something somewhere), vandal (people who break or destroy things), damage (attack or break something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos