Meta’s store – level 3
On Wednesday, technology company Meta gave a preview of its first physical store. It will open on May 9 to sell the Oculus Rift, its virtual reality headset. It will also promote the Metaverse, which has virtual reality spaces for people to visit.
The store is in Burlingame, California, USA, at Meta’s virtual reality department. It creates and sells its devices such as the headset, video chat devices, and smart glasses. The store will also have a website where people can buy items.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he thinks that the Metaverse will be the next big computing platform, and the company invested a lot of money into it. However, he said it may take a decade for it to become popular.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.