Meteor in Scotland – level 1
This news is from Scotland. Something unusual happens in the evening. There is a flash of light. Everything goes white for a moment.
People see this and film it. They put the pictures and videos on the Internet. They talk about it. Some people say that this is the end of the world.
However, it isn’t the end. The bright thing in the sky is just a meteor. It isn’t big. It is just 10 centimetres across.
Difficult words: flash (a quick moment), bright (strong), across (from side to side).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you think if you saw a meteor like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos