Meteor in Scotland – level 2
A bright flash of light illuminated the night sky of Scotland. People took pictures of it and many posted the pictures on social media.
They talked about what it could mean, and some said that it was the end of the world.
However, it probably was just a meteor. Experts say that it was no more than about 10 centimetres across, so it wasn’t quite Armageddon.
Difficult words: bright (strong), flash (when something shines a lot for a moment), illuminate verb (to throw light on).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you think if you saw a meteor like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos