Meteor Over Michigan – level 2
A meteoroid is a small body moving in the solar system, and when it enters the earth’s atmosphere, people call it a meteor.
Recently, people saw a meteor in Michigan, a state in the northern USA. The meteor lit up the night sky, and people say that houses were shaking, too.
As a meteor moves in the atmosphere, it compresses the gases in front of it. The gasses are heated up and the meteor vaporises. Light and noise can be produced, too.
Difficult words: body (a piece of something), compress (make smaller), vaporise (turn into vapour – gas)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos