Methane and the world´s temperature – level 1
Methane is a gas. It has no smell. People cannot see it. It still makes big changes on the world´s temperature.
Methane has much more warming power than carbon dioxide. This means that methane makes the planet warmer than carbon dioxide. Methane causes about 25% of the growth in the world´s temperature.
People can change this situation. It is not necessary to make better technologies or to buy less. The solution is easier.
Methane is a natural gas in big oil and gas fields. Methane can easily go into the air. Scientists and experts with cameras can find the places where it happens. Companies can fix the pipes where methane comes out.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.