Mexico Earthquake – level 3
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake hit southern Mexico on Tuesday, and it killed six people.
The earthquake just added to the challenges and misery of the coronavirus pandemic, as medical workers and patients from Mexico City hospitals had to be evacuated.
However, even the earthquake could not top the daily shock of the coronavirus. In Mexico, nearly 24,000 people have died from COVID-19, and almost 200,000 people have been infected. Mexico’s president quickly assured the population after the earthquake; however, some people criticize his actions to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Mexico is one of the world’s most seismically active regions, and the country has a long history of devastating earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.