Michael Jordan´s shoes sell – level 2
A pair of Michael Jordan´s sneakers sold for a record 1.47 million dollars.
Jordan wore the Nike Air Ships sneakers in his fifth NBA game in his first season with the team the Chicago Bulls. The game took place on 1 November 1984, and the sneakers are the earliest pair that people know. Cards collector Nick Fiorela bought the sneakers at auction, and they were the first pair ever which sold for more than one million dollars.
Jordan started to collaborate with company Nike in 1984, and he was the first sports player to do it. Jordan had his own line of shoes and clothes called Air Jordan which brought him and Nike millions of dollars.
Difficult words: collector (a person who has a hobby to get many things of a similar kind, for example books, stamps, paintings, and so on), auction (a sale where people say how much they will pay, and the person who pays the most money, gets the thing), collaborate (to work together).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.