Michelin Chef in a Canteen – level 2
Peter Fruehsammer was a chef at a Michelin star restaurant. He loved to prepare top quality meals. Then the restaurant where he cooked closed. All restaurants in Germany closed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Now, Fruehsammer cooks for hospital patients in Bad Belzig. Patients and hospital staff love the new menu. Some staff did not eat in the canteen in the past, but now, they visit it every day. They eat food which they never ate before.
The chef said that he only uses fresh food for his meals. He believes that it is important to cook healthy meals and that good food is important for patients. Healthy food helps patients get healthy.
Difficult words: Michelin star (an award for restaurants which make very good meals), top quality (something that is excellent), staff (all the people who work in the same company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos