Microplastics in human blood – level 1
Microplastics are very small pieces of plastic. Many microplastics are in oceans, in soil, and in food, too. Scientists check the blood of 22 people. 17 people have microplastics in their blood. This happens for the first time ever.
Scientists are not surprised. Microplastics are everywhere around us. They are even in the air.
Scientists don’t know what microplastics can do in the body. Scientists worry what happens if microplastics get into organs.
Microplastics are a big problem. It won’t be easy to fix. It will be a difficult task for future generations.
Difficult words: soil (the dirt where plants grow), organ (a part of the body which has a special job, for example, a heart or stomach), generation (all the people who are born and live at the same time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos