Microplastics in human blood – level 3
For the first time, scientists have found small amounts of microplastics in human blood. Scientists took blood samples from 22 donors. They tested them for five different types of plastic, and 17 donors had plastic bits in their blood.
Plastic is so common that people and animals inhale and ingest it. However, people are exposed to many tiny things and chemicals, and microplastics are one part of the problem. Scientists say that microplastics are one of the new ongoing environmental problems.
The effects of microplastics in the body are still unknown.
Difficult words: microplastic (tiny pieces of plastic that come from plastic objects), donor (a person who gives blood or an organ for transplantation, research, and so on), inhale and ingest (to breathe something into the body and it goes into the blood).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos