Microsoft and AI – level 3
In the latest financial quarter, Microsoft’s cloud business, particularly its Azure cloud-computing platform, showed significant growth due to investments in artificial intelligence (AI).
This growth outpaced Wall Street estimates, resulting in a 5% increase in Microsoft’s shares. On the other hand, Google-parent Alphabet’s cloud business struggled, with a 7% drop in Alphabet’s shares. Despite exceeding profit and sales expectations, Alphabet’s inability to demonstrate competitive gains in AI against Microsoft’s Azure and Amazon’s AWS cloud services disappointed investors.
Microsoft’s strong messaging on AI technologies like Copilots and GenAI contributed to its success. The company’s substantial investment in AI startup OpenAI has also paid off, with AI technology integrated into its products like Bing, Microsoft 365, and Github. In contrast, Alphabet focused on snaring AI startups as cloud customers, while Microsoft leveraged existing relationships to secure larger clients.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What competitive strengths have enabled Microsoft to eclipse Alphabet's cloud business in terms of AI technology?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.