Microsoft and US Government – level 1
Technology companies compete. They work on a cloud system. It is for the US government.
The US government has old computers. They are from the 1980s and 1990s. People want new computers.
Amazon and Microsoft are two companies that compete. People think that Amazon can win. However, President Trump says comments against the boss of Amazon.
Microsoft wins the competition. Microsoft and the US government can work together for 10 years. The US government can pay Microsoft $10 billion.
Difficult words: compete (to try to be the best), cloud system (a program that keeps information on the Internet), competition (when people or groups try to be the best).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos