Microsoft loses many jobs – level 3
According to several media reports, Microsoft plans to cut thousands of jobs.
After Amazon and Meta’s recent job cuts announcements, the expected Microsoft layoffs are the latest in the US technology sector. Amid a worsening global economic outlook, Microsoft reportedly plans to cut about five percent or its workforce, or about 11,000 people. The jobs will be cut in engineering and human resources divisions.
Microsoft is under pressure to maintain growth rates after several quarters of downturn in the personal computer market. According to analysts, the tech sector is struggling from slower demand and will cut jobs.
Difficult words: layoff (end a worker’s job because of economic conditions or less work), downturn (a decline in business and economic activity).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos