Migrants in a lorry with a bear – level 1
A polar bear is moving from Moscow Zoo to England. Its name is Nissan. Nissan is in a cage in a lorry.
The lorry is now in Calais. In Calais, there are many migrants. They want to get from Calais to Britain.
Some migrants open the lorry. They see the polar bear. One migrant gets scared. He runs away.
Three other migrants enter the lorry. They hide in the lorry. They are behind the cage. They are there only for 10 minutes. Police come and catch them.
Difficult words: cage (a big metal box for animals), migrant (a person who is moving from one country to another).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you saw a polar bear so close to you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos