Milk from lab – level 1
Most people drink cow’s milk. Some people like milk from plants. Such milk comes from plants like nuts or soy.
Nut and cow milk make bad problems on the natural world. Also, farmers keep many animals in little space. Many people don’t like these problems. They don’t drink cow’s or nut milk.
Scientists make a new milk. It has real milk protein. Cows do not make it.
Scientists make it in special containers. They use genetically modified organisms. These organisms make the protein. This milk tastes the same as cow’s milk. It is better for the natural world and the cows.
Difficult words: soy (a plant which farm animals and people eat; people often eat soy or soy products instead of meat), protein (a part of all living things, which makes muscles, hair, and so on), genetically modified organism (when scientists in the laboratory change information in a plant or animal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos