Minion balloon visits a museum – level 2
Inside of a museum in England, someone left a helium balloon that looked like a cartoon character. A camera inside filmed the balloon bobbing around the art.
This was a funny situation because the cartoon character was from a movie about a man who steals things, so it seemed like the balloon was there to plan another heist.
Workers at the museum put the video on the Internet, and many people watched and enjoyed this balloon’s museum visit.
Difficult words: helium (a gas that makes things float), bob (to move up and down slowly), heist (a crime to steal things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this balloon’s visit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos