Minion balloon visits a museum – level 3
A silent moonlight visitor has been caught on camera touring a Birmingham Museum late at night. This helium-filled minion balloon seemed to enjoy its private, after hour visit as it bobbed through the collection of masterpieces.
It’s thought that the notorious yellow, goggle-wearing carton creature from the animation film “Despicable Me” is a character, Dave.
Museum staff was waiting for the balloon to lose its helium and fall to the ground, which eventually occurred when the security team was locking up for the night. The video featuring the ghostly creature is rapidly becoming an internet sensation, after being viewed and shared by thousands of people on social media websites. Speculation was rife as to what the miniature servant may have been up to—perhaps scouting out the location for Gru’s next big heist!
Officials at the museum said the minion has since exited through the gift shop.
Difficult words: bob (to move up and down slowly), sensation (something that is popular), speculation (wonder), rife (happening a lot), miniature (small), scout (to look around), heist (a crime to steal something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.