Missile Bases in North Korea – level 1
This news is about North Korea. Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un meet in June. They sign an agreement. It is about removing nuclear weapons. However, the agreement is not very specific.
People do not know what North Korea is doing now.
There is a project which is not part of any country. The project looks at North Korea. It finds 20 missile bases. People do not know about these missile bases. North Korea does not say that it has them. They are secret.
This new information comes before another meeting of Trump and Kim. They are going to meet in February in Vietnam.
Difficult words: agreement (an official document to agree to do something together), remove (take away), missile base (a building for starting missiles/rockets).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos