Missile Bases in North Korea – level 2
Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un signed an agreement in June. It is about removing nuclear weapons. However, the agreement was not specific enough and people do not know what North Korea is doing now.
There is a new report from Beyond Parallel, which says that it is a non-partisan project. The project found 20 undeclared missile bases in North Korea. The report says that one of them is one of the oldest and is historically very important.
The report comes ahead of a planned second meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un. It is set to take place in Vietnam in February.
Difficult words: non-partisan (not part of a political group/country), undeclared (if something is undeclared, you do not tell other people about it), missile base (a building for starting missiles/rockets).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.