Missile System in South Korea – level 3
In Seongju, South Korea, people are upset and protesting because the military is stationing weapons near where they live. The country is installing four rocket launchers made by the USA, which South Korea calls the THAAD system. It is to protect it from possible missile attacks.
People are worried that the system’s powerful radar will bring health hazards. They are also afraid that North Korea will target attacks on them. Protesters and police clashed and dozens of people were hurt in the fights.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.