Missing Actress – level 2
Naya Rivera is an American actress, who started her career when she was four years old.
Most people know her for her role of a cheerleader, Santana Lopez, in the TV show ’Glee’. Rivera played in the show for six years, and she appeared in almost every episode.
On Wednesday, Rivera rented a boat at Lake Piru near Los Angeles, California USA. She went on a trip with her four-year-old son. However, she did not return the boat.
Police found the boat later, and only Rivera’s son was on board. The boy had a life vest on. Police found another life vest on the boat; however, Rivera was missing.
Officials think that Rivera drowned, and police helicopters and divers are searching for her body.
Difficult words: cheerleader (a girl or a woman who shouts at people at a sports event to support a team and to have fun), life vest (a vest that is full of air and it keeps people above water), drown (to die underwater).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.