Mobile Bookshop in Baghdad – level 2
In Baghdad, a bookworm turned his van into a mobile bookshop. He makes up to $4,000 a month selling books around the city. He has done well enough to hire four people to help him. The man said that it took him nine months to achieve his idea and he hopes that it brings more people to reading.
As the man moves his van, he changes the books that people can see. This is because Baghdad is still divided on their past leader Saddam Hussein.
Difficult words: bookworm (a person who really likes books), achieve an idea (make an idea become something real), divide (not the same in what you think about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.