Money on the road – level 2
On Friday morning, an armored vehicle was carrying bags full of money on a California, USA, highway. Suddenly, one of the doors opened, and some bags fell onto the road.
One and twenty-dollar bills covered the road, and drivers immediately stopped when they saw the money to grab it. Their cars blocked the road, and traffic completely stopped for two hours.
California officials asked these people to return the money. There were many videos of the event, and it was not difficult to find these people.
Difficult words: armored vehicle (a vehicle with a hard metal cover which protects it from guns and other attacks), bill (a piece of paper which is money), traffic (cars and other vehicles which move on roads).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos